Green Bean Casserole Caramelized Mushrooms & Onions – Gluten Free Recipe.
As the holiday’s are soon approaching us, one on the most popular side dish is the almighty green bean casserole. This is a new recipe for me. Smothered with butter, onions gluten free soy sauce, cream cheese and fresh green beans. Make the classic green bean casserole from scratch with caramelized mushrooms and onions.
The flavor will be so much better than the canned mushroom soup version, plus this green bean casserole is gluten-free as well.Print
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces and cooked
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cornstarch, basil and onion salt in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onions; cook and stir 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Add milk and soy sauce; stir constantly, cook until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Add cooked green beans; toss gently to coat.
- Spoon into 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle top evenly with almonds.
- Category: Side Dish
- Calories: 137
- Sodium: 322mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
More Side Dish Recipes Here