Greek Stuffed Chicken ( Low Carb High Protein Recipe )
The low carb, high protein diet has become increasingly popular in recent years, with millions of people adopting this way of eating.Greek Stuffed Chicken has all of the flavors you love, and none of the guilt.
Not only is low carb, high protein eating the foundation of many popular diets including the Atkins diet.
Ketogenic diet and Paleo diet, but research has also shown it’s extremely healthy and can help people protect against chronic disease, fight inflammation, build muscle, lose weight and so much more.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 c. crumbled feta
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place chicken on a cutting board and make 5 slits in each breast, being careful not to cut through completely. Transfer to a small baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, dill, parsley and garlic. Drizzle over chicken breasts, making sure olive oil mixture gets in the slits. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each chicken breast with zucchini, tomatoes, red onion and lemons. Sprinkle crumbled feta and mozzarella on top.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 25 minutes. Garnish with more dill and parsley. Serve warm.