Ginger Spiced Mashed Sweet Potatoes
The warm flavors of ginger and vanilla blend well with sweet potatoes and thyme.
This Ginger Spiced Mashed Sweet Potatoes dish is sure to become a family favorite.
This Sweet Potato Recipe is a favorite at out Thanksgiving Dinner as a side dish.Print
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter (, softened)
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger (, Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- Pierce each sweet potato twice with fork so excess steam can escape while cooking.
- Microwave on HIGH 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning over halfway through cooking.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Remove skin from the sweet potatoes.
- Place sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Mash until smooth and well blended.
- Serve immediately.
- Cooking tip
- To Boil Sweet Potatoes: Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 2-inch chunks.
- Place in large saucepan.
- Add cold water to cover 1 inch over sweet potatoes.
- Bring to boil; cover. Cook on medium-low heat 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.