Game Day Party | Instant Pot® Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Nothing beats the convenience of an Instant Pot® for quick, easy, and healthier chicken wings. Once cooked, a quick trip under the broiler is all you need to get that nice crispy finish.
You can save time by purchasing already-trimmed wings. However, you can save some money by trimming them yourself.
See photo for approximate location of where to cut each whole wing. They are a little easier to trim AFTER they’ve been cooked. Immediately freeze the tips to make chicken stock later.
Note: This recipe is written for fresh or thawed wings. If using frozen wings, add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Active cook time: 14-16 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 10 minutes
- 4-4½ lbs. chicken wings
- 1 t. garlic powder (divided)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 c. water
- Sliced celery (for serving)
- Buffalo Wing Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 c. Frank’s original hot sauce
- ½ c. unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ t. garlic powder
- Sprinkle wings with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place metal trivet inside Instant Pot® and add one cup of water.
- Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place.
- Switch the vent to “Sealing” and adjust the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- While the wings cook, whisk the Frank’s hot sauce, melted butter, and remaining garlic powder in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- When done cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam.
- Carefully remove lid and transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside until just cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, position top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat broiler to high.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top.
- Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the buffalo sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat.
- Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color.
- Turn the wings and repeat this process.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Serve immediately with sliced celery and the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
You Might also Like