Smoked Sausage Skillet Recipe is a one-dish meal for the family, full of healthy vegetables and rice along with the smoked sausage, topped off with some mozzarella. Love Love this meal! Quick meal, too!
Easy Smoked Sausage Skillet
- 1 packages – Hillshire Farm smoked sausage (, diagonally sliced thin)
- 2 cloves – garlic (, crushed)
- 1/4 cups – olive oil
- 1 – large red bell pepper (, sliced thin)
- 1 – small yellow onion (, sliced thin)
- 1 packages – frozen broccoli (, thawed)
- 1/2 cups – chicken broth
- 1/2 cups – tomato sauce
- 2 cups – instant rice
- 1/2 cups – shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil and garlic in skillet; stir in smoked sausage slices and cook until browned.
- Add pepper, onion, broccoli, broth and tomato sauce; simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- In the meantime, prepare rice according to package instructions. Stir rice into the skillet, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
- Source: Hillshire Farm Ad