Easy Panhandle Pepperoni Chicken
Skillet dish loaded with chicken, pepperoni, green pepper and mozzarella cheese served over rice, it’s an absolutely yummy dinner!
Picante sauce adds just the right amount of spice to this easy-to-make skillet dish loaded with chicken, pepperoni, green pepper and mozzarella cheese…served over rice, it’s an absolutely yummy dinner!
Pepperoni is an all american favorite.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 4 breast halves)
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce – Medium
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/4 ounces chopped pepperoni (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 tablespoons shredded part skim mozzarella cheese for garnish
- 1 cup regular long grain white rice, cooked according to package directions (about 3 cups)
- Step 1
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it’s well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Step 2
- Stir the picante sauce, Italian seasoning, green pepper and pepperoni in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with the cheese and serve with the rice.
- Courtesy of Campbell