Easy Lemon Daisy Cupcakes
Easy Lemon Daisy Cupcakes: Brighten up your celebrations with a batch of daisy cupcakes.
They’re as fun to make as they are to eat.Print
- 1 package ((2-layer size) white cake mix)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract (, divided)
- 1 package ((8 ounces) cream cheese, softened)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 package ((16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar)
- 10 drops McCormick® Yellow Food Color
- 18 large marshmallows
- Decorating sugar
- Jelly beans
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding 1 tablespoon of the lemon extract.
- Spoon into 18 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake as directed for cupcakes.
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
For the Frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Stir in food color until evenly tinted. Frost cooled cupcakes.
- To decorate cupcakes, cut each marshmallow crosswise into 5 slices. Sprinkle 1 side of each marshmallow slice with decorating sugar. Arrange 5 marshmallow petals on top of each cupcake to resemble a daisy, pressing the marshmallows into the frosting. Place jelly beans in the center of the petals. Garnish with sprinkles.
- Source: McCormick