This easy Instant Pot® (affl.link) pulled pork chili recipe only takes 15 minutes of hands-on prep time. After that, the Instant Pot® does all the work. If you are lucky enough to have any left over, this chili tastes even better the next day!
2½ -3 lbs. pork boneless pork loin roast
Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
½ medium red onion, diced (approximately 1 cup)
1 T. dark cocoa powder, unsweetened (affl. link)
1 T. chili powder
2 t. ground cumin
1 t. smoked paprika (affl. link)
1 t. garlic powder
2 t. dried oregano
1 c. strong black coffee (affl. link)
1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
2 15-oz. cans dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-oz. can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. strained tomatoes
- Remove pork roast from refrigerator at least 30 minutes, but not more than 2 hours, before cooking. Remove excess fat and cut into four equal-sized pieces. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired, and set aside.
- Select the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot® and add olive oil. Once hot, add the red onion, cocoa powder, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and the spices become very fragrant, approximately 3-4 minutes. Deglaze the pot by adding the coffee and gently scraping the bottom with a plastic spatula to loosen any brown bits. Turn the unit off by pressing the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button.
- Add the diced tomatoes with chilis, kidney beans, white beans, strained tomatoes, and seasoned pork loin. Stir to combine and add the lid. Lock into place and position the vent toward “Sealing.” Press the “Manual” button and adjust until it reads “High Pressure,” if necessary. Set cook time to 55 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops, carefully remove the lid and shred the pork with two forks. Stir to combine and let sit for 5-10 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve warm topped with some shredded Mexican cheese blend and diced onion. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Active cook time: 55 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 15 minutes
Tip: If desired, combine one or two tablespoons cornstarch with an equal amount of the hot liquid from the Instant Pot® and stir into the chili to thicken.
You might want to add one of the Bread Recipes to go with your pulled pork chili.
Click Here : Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
This cheesy garlic bread will take almost any meal over the top. Just serve it once in a while, as part of a balanced diet.
Red Lobster makes it extra special by bringing you biscuits with cheese in them. You can do this at home so easily and so inexpensively you’ll never need to go back to an expensive restaurant again.