Now this toffee recipe is unbelievably easy. The only hard part I could think of is the caramelization process but I promise you, it’s not difficult at all. It’s a simple stir-and-watch process until it turns an almond brown. That’s it! No candy thermometer or fancy gadgets needed.Print
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup unsalted butter (, cubed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans (, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Spread almonds in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar vanilla and salt over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until butter has melted and mixture is almond brown in color, about 10-15 minutes.
- Immediately spread the hot caramel mixture evenly over the almonds. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. After 1-2 minutes, spread the chocolate chips in an even layer until smooth. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Let cool completely, about 2 hours. Break into pieces.
- POSTED BY CHUNGAH