Easy Ham and Cheese Italian Bread Appetizer Recipe.
Don’t miss a second of tailgating or Labor Day fun—here’s an easy italian bread appetizer you’ll prepare ahead and build outside on the grill.
- 1 large loaf Italian or sourdough bread
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced deli ham
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Slice bread in a cross-hatch pattern—do not slice all the way through the bottom of the loaf.
- Place on a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle butter into crevices.
- Stuff cheese and ham into the cuts; sprinkle with chives.
- Wrap loosely in foil; grill about 15 minutes, until cheese is mostly melted.
- Uncover, top with additional cheese and grill 10 minutes, until cheese is browned.
More Bread Recipes Here