I’m such and addict for Thai take-out food, particularly for this Coconut Curry Thai Soup Recipe. We usually get it at least once a week for lunch at work.
Ordering take-out this often has been getting a bit expensive so making this homemade coconut curry soup comes in very handy
plus it tastes a million times better and healthy for you too.
Easy Coconut Curry Thai Soup Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cooked cube or shredded chicken ( or 1 lb shrimp peeled and deviened)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (12-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large saucepan of 1 1 /2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add cooked chicken, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic, onion and bell pepper to the stockpot.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in curry paste until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in coconut milk and vegetable stock, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in rice, chicken and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.