Easiest Lasagna Casserole with Italian Sausage.
Easiest Lasagna Casserole Ever – Nothing beats classic lasagna casserole. And this is the easiest recipe you will ever make. It can be made ahead and it’s freezer-friendly too!Print
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) package whole milk ricotta
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and onion and cook until sausage has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and egg; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup tomato mixture onto the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish; top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with a second layer. Top with remaining noodles, tomato mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
- Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until top is browned in spots.
- Let cool 15 minutes. Serve, garnished with parsley, if desire