This Dorito Taco Salad comes together in just about 20 minutes at the most.
Salads like this are my go-to for easy and simple dinners. I love to make them during the Summer time, so we don’t have to turn on the oven. Plus I just like tacos and salads.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet ((1.25 oz) taco seasoning)
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts (, rinsed then chopped)
- 1 cup black beans (, rinsed)
- 1 large tomato (, seeded then chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup nacho cheese Doritos (, broke into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup Catalina dressing
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain grease.
- Add taco seasoning and water called for on packet.
- Stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let meat cool slightly.
- In a large salad bowl add chopped lettuce, black beans, tomato and cheese.
- Add slightly cooled ground beef and gently toss to combine everything. Serve now, or chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to serve, add Doritos chips and dressing to salad. Toss to coat. Serve. 🙂
- By Holly