This Soap that looks like Crystals is a perfect DIY project for those looking for something new, and exciting to do as a hobby.
DIY-Soap That Looks Like Crystals
- Transparent Glycerin Soap
- Soap mold ((square or round))
- Soap colorant ((choose a color you like))
- Soap scent or essential oils
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Gold Mica ((optional))
- Cut the transparent glycerin soap into small cubes, put them in a bowl.
- Put in the microwave oven for a minute or so until it’s totally melted.
- Pour about half of the melted soap into your mold. Leave it to cool and harden.
- Prepare the leftover soap before it hardens. This will be the second layer, now you can put in a soap colorant and soap scent or essential oil. Mix.
- Check the clear soap in the mold, see if has hardened already. Scratch the surface with a toothpick before you add the second layer. This will make them stick together well
- Spray some rubbing alcohol on top of the first layer before you pour another thin layer of colored soap.
- Get the leftover soap mixture then add more coloring. This time, make it darker than the previous shade.
- Check the second layer, if it is already hard; scratch the top with a toothpick then add the next layer. Wait for it to harden then take it out from the mold.
- Cut the soap into pieces then create triangle shapes by cutting the clear soap on both sides.
- Continue cutting the sides of each piece to create crystal-like pieces. Make as many as you like. Cut the remaining bits into even smaller pieces.
- Pour a new layer of transparent glycerin soap into a mold.
- Add the small pieces of soap before it hardens and then start adding the crystal-like pieces into the mold. Add them in different directions or how you would want it to look like once set.
- You can also try using other colors for the base.
- *For an added glow, you can brush some gold mica on the tip of each crystal, but this is optional.