One of the most common health problems all over the world is coughing. A cough is a throat-clearing reflex that helps clear irritating substances and blockages from your breathing tract. Coughing is your body’s means of eliminating foreign particles, irritants and microbes from your respiratory passage.
Ginger acts as a natural analgesic to soothe irritation and scratching caused by a sore throat. Plus, it has anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties that break down and expel coagulated mucus from the lungs,and clearing your respiratory tract. Honey is a natural demulcent that forms a protective covering on the mucous membrane and relieve’s irritation due to congestion.
DIY Home Remedy How to Stop Coughing
- Ginger–4 or 5 pieces
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon– Half
- Water – 1 cup
- Pour 1 cup of water into a pan and turn on the heat.
- Add 4 or 5 pieces of ginger and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer and allow the ginger to infuse in the water for 5 minutes or until you a get a strong aroma.
- Using a strainer, strain the liquid to separate the ginger pieces from the infused water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and the juice of ½ of a lemon to the ginger-infused water.
- Drink this concoction 3 or 4 times daily for relief from persistent coughing, congestion and a sore throat.