Creamy Vegan Pasta-Vegan Recipe. This creamy pasta is a dream for all you mushroom lovers out there like me. It’s the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal, but also feels fancy and decadent.
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup shallots, finely chopped
- 8 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 cups unsweetened original almond breeze
- ½ cup vegan parm cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a large skillet oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic, shallots, mushrooms and ½ tsp salt and cook stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned and tender, about 10-15 mins.
- Turning down to medium low after 5 mins.
- Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms and stir to coat, allowing to cook for 30 sec-1 min. Bring heat back up to medium-high.
- Add 1 cup almond beverage, stirring constantly and it let simmer for 1 min. Make sure to break up any clumps.
- When completely smooth and thickened slightly, add remaining almond milk and pepper to taste, return to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Cook until the sauce thickens slightly again, about 3 mins.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vegan parm, if using until melted
- Add peas, and salt & pepper to taste and cook for 1 additional minute or until peas are heated through.
- Add the pasta to the mushroom sauce and toss to coat.
265 total views, 4 views today