Creamy Garlic Shrimp and Pasta
To save prep time in this shrimp and pasta dish, have your fishmonger peel and devein the shrimp.
Or if you’d like to do it yourself, be sure to start with 1 1/4 pounds of unpeeled shrimp.
- 1 package ((9 oz) refrigerated linguine)
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp (, peeled (tail shells removed), deveined)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese ((from 4-oz container))
- 1/2 cup fat-free ((skim) milk)
- 3 cloves garlic (, finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- Fresh oregano sprigs (, if desired)
- In 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat 3 quarts water to boiling; add linguine and shrimp.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until linguine is tender and shrimp are pink.
- Drain and return to Dutch oven; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat wine, cheese, milk, garlic and salt to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until slightly thickened.
- Add linguine and shrimp to sauce in skillet; toss to coat.
- Stir in chopped oregano just before serving.
- Garnish with oregano sprigs