“This is one of the best Creamy Chocolate Mousse I’ve ever tried. It’s so creamy Well probably extremely fattening but who cares Holiday calories never count, do they?
This Chocolate Mousse may well be your ultimate chocolate fix. You can add this secret ingredient to this chocolate mousse recipe for a little zest in flavor.
Optional, to serve:
Whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and/or mandarin orange slices.Print
- 2½ c. heavy cream (divided)
- 8 oz. high-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Heat 1 cup of heavy cream with chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chips have melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar with a hand-held mixer at medium speed for 3-minutes.
- While mixing on the same setting as above, slowly add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the orange zest, if using. Once combined, pour back into the pan used to melt the chocolate. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, whip the remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the chilled chocolate into the whipped cream until thoroughly combined. The mixture should have a fluffy consistency. .
- To serve, spoon chocolate mousse into a piping bag and pipe into small dessert dishes. Top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries or mandarin oranges, if desired. Enjoy!
*Tip: The orange zest adds a really nice pop of flavor to this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
You Might Also Like These Chocolate Desserts
Just Click on the Link Below for the Recipes.