Cauliflower Risotto is quick light side dish with brown mushrooms, cauliflower rice and Parmesan cheese.
Creamy Cauliflower Risotto with Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower ((the frozen version works just as well as the fresh, no need to thaw))
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounce mushrooms (, chopped)
- salt & pepper
- In a large saute pan, heat butter over medium heat until melted and hot.
- Add chopped mushrooms and garlic and sauté until mushrooms are tender and just turning golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add cauliflower, and toss to coat in the butter.
- Add white wine and cook until the liquid has bubbled away.
- Add broth a few tbsp at a time, stirring frequently and letting it evaporate each time.
- When cauliflower is becoming tender, add a little more broth and a few tbsp of cream.
- Cover with a lid and continue to cook, allowing the cauliflower to steam, until tender (adding a more broth and/or cream if needed).
- Stir in the parmesan and add any additional salt and pepper to taste.