In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit shows you how to make Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast, a breakfast classic! Also known as SOS or shit on a shingle!
Creamed Chipped Beef Gravy on Toast
- 5 oz – Dried Beef ((cut into thin pieces))
- •5 Cups – Milk
- •3/4 Cup – Flour
- •1 Stick – Butter
- •1 tsp – Black Pepper
- •1 tsp – Worcestershire Sauce
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet and stir in flour until well incorporated.
- Cook on medium heat 2-3 minutes to take the rawness out of the four.
- •Stir in half the milk, Worcestershire and black pepper. Bring to a simmer constantly stirring.
- •Once the milk has come to a simmer and thickened, add remaining milk and dried beef.
- •Bring to a simmer stirring constantly.
- •Once it returns to a simmer cook 2-3 minutes.
- •Serve piping hot over white bread, toast or biscuits.