Come Thanksgiving, you can never have too many pies! Traditional favorites like pumpkin, apple, pecan, and sweet potato, or go for something unexpected, like Cranberry Rhubarb Pie
Cranberry Rhubarb Pie
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries (, halved)
- 1 ½ cups chopped peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie ((9 inch))
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in rhubarb, cranberries, and apples.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling.
- Cover with a lattice crust; seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 40 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly.
- Cover edges loosely with foil to prevent over browning if necessary