I enjoy finding and using more homemade natural remedies for different things. I am a pretty healthy person, but there are those times during cold and flu season that I can come down with a cold.
We never know what we’re going to come in contact with when it comes to germs, especially when out in the public. I keep this recipe in the refrigerator so I can use it at the first signs of a cold or the flu.
All you have to do is pull it out of the refrigerator, heat some water and add two to three tablespoons of the cold and flu mix in a mug. For me it starts working right away when I start sipping it.
I get quick relief from coughing due to the honey. It also soothes my sore throat and is a great cough suppressant. The lemon helps reduce inflammation. Ginger is great for settling upset stomachs, nausea and vomiting.
3 lemons washed well and sliced thin
6 inches of ginger peeled and sliced thin
1. Gather ingredients and mason jar.
2. Wash the lemons and peel ginger. Slice both very thin.
3. Layer the lemon and ginger alternately in jar.
4. Pour honey into the jar and allow it to settle over the lemon and ginger. Continue filling until the jar is filled to the top.
5. Seal the jar tightly and store in the refrigerator. The mix will start to turn into a thin jelly.
When needed, put two to three tablespoons of the mix in a mug with hot water. Make sure to get a few pieces of the lemon and the ginger as well. Allow it to steep for at least three to four minutes before drinking.