CHOCOLATE MINT CHEESECAKE BARS.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cookie crumbs and butter.
- Press firmly onto bottom of foil-lined 9-inch square baking pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream and peppermint extract; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter over crust.
- Tint remaining batter green with food color.
- Pour over batter in pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Lift out of pan onto cutting board.
- Cut into bars.
- Drizzle bars with melted chocolate.
- Store leftover bars in refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of McCormick