These Chocolate Mallow Bars are Heavenly Hash? Then this one’s for you.
Rich, dark chocolate enrobes marshmallows and walnuts in this easy-to-make candy.
CHOCOLATE MALLOW BARS
- 2⅔ cups chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 13 marshmallows, halved around the circumference; or 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
- Line an 8" x 8" square or 9" round pan with parchment, and grease the parchment. If you don't have parchment, use waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Combine the chocolate, cream, espresso powder, corn syrup, and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave (or in a saucepan set over low heat on the stove) till the cream is hot and the chocolate has softened.
- Remove from the heat, and stir until the chocolate has melted and everything is smooth.
- Spread about ¾ cup of the melted chocolate in the bottom of the pan.
- Space the marshmallow halves atop the chocolate. Note: feel free to substitute mini marshmallows for the marshmallow halves here. Distribute the walnuts evenly in the spaces between the marshmallows.
- Spread the remaining chocolate atop the marshmallows and walnuts, spreading to the edge of the pan so that everything is covered.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so, to set the chocolate. Remove from the refrigerator, and loosen the candy from the edges of the pan.
- Bring to room temperature, and leave in the pan, covered with plastic, until you're ready to cut into squares.