Chocolate Cookie Trifle Dessert
Layers of chocolate chip cookies, dark chocolate pudding, nuts and whipped topping – what’s not to love about this decadent chocolate chip cookie trifle?
You can alternate this Chocolate Truffle Cookie Dessert by using garnishes for a holiday version of this recipe by using:
• 1 cup of candy canes, crushed
• 5 sprigs of mint leaves (Rosemary can also be used as an alternate)
- 1 package (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 3 cups (8 oz.) thawed, frozen lite whipped topping or whipped cream
- 2 containers (22 oz.) dark chocolate prepared pudding
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- BAKE cookies according to package directions; let cool completely.
- Set aside 3-4 cookies (optional, if wish to cut in half for the topping/garnish).
- Crumble the cooled cookies into large pieces.
- PLACE 1/3 of the cookie pieces into the bottom of a 3 quart or 12-cup trifle bowl.
- Top with 1/3 each of the chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and walnuts.
- Press down slightly.
- Repeat 1-2 more times.
- GARNISH with remaining crushed cookies or with cookie halves.
- COVER with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.