This Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mud Pie dessert is sure to please it’s a chocolate chunk cookie crust filled with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and toasted nuts.
To toast the nuts: Spread the pecans or walnuts in a single layer on a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F. for 8 minutes or until they’re light golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm® Nantucket™ Crispy Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies, any crispy variety
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (about 11.75 ounces) hot fudge topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecansor walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened whipped cream(optional)
- Heat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan. Place the cookies in a resealable plastic bag.
- Close the bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin until crumbs form.
- Stir the cookie crumbs and the butter in a medium bowl.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cookie crust for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookie crust cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Spread the ice cream evenly onto the cookie crust. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Spread the fudge topping evenly on top of the ice cream.
- Top with the pecans. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or overnight. To serve, cut into 10 wedges. Top with whipped cream, if desired.