I would have never know that putting red peppers on cantaloupe would be so tasty!
Chili Lime Cantaloupe
- ½ medium cantaloupe
- 1.5-2 Tbsp fresh lime juice ((about ½ lime))
- ½ Tbsp honey
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- Cut the cantaloupe in half and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
- Reserve half of the cantaloupe for breakfast or other meals.
- Take the remaining half and cut it into quarters.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully run the knife between the flesh and the rind.
- Once the rind is removed, slice the melon into thin pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice of half a lime (about 1.5-2 Tbsp), honey, salt, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced cantaloupe and toss to coat the melon in the dressing.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready to eat.
- Give the melon a brief stir before serving.
- Source: cooklikeanartist