Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas – Low Carb Recipe. Your gonna enjoy this delicious easy, healthy low carb zucchini chicken enchilada recipe.
These chicken enchiladas are packed with some serious flavor. They make life worth living. Seriously, they keto friendly and are amazing!
In this video, it shows you how to peel a zucchini with a y shaped vegetable peeler.
The bold truth: You won’t even miss the tortillas. The trick is to use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to peel wide — thin — strips of zucchini.
You don’t just want to start on a whole zucchini; halve it lengthwise, then peel strips. These are your tortillas.
Next drain them on paper towels to soak up the moisture.Print
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 c. Shredded chicken
- 1 1/3 c. red enchilada sauce
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and season with salt.
- Cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and stir until combined.
- Add shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce and stir until saucy.
- On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini.
- Lay out three, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top.
- Roll up and transfer to a baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake until melty, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve.