Nope this isn’t low fat, nor low in calories. It is low in carbs and high in protein though, so you’ll feel satisfied and if you figure that most of grease will end out in the pan instead of soaking into your pizza you may start to see this as bordering on diet food yourself.
- 1 pound of chicken breasts or tenders (, trimmed)
- 4 oz . block sharp cheddar
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ pound wafer ((sandwich) pepperoni)
- large bunch of basil
- **optional** Marinara sauce for dunking
- Order Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks.
- Cut off ¼ inch slices of the cheddar, then cut each slice into 4-5 narrow sticks.
- Slice the sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a sliver of sun-dried tomato on each large slice of pepperoni, then put chunk of chicken over it.
- Tuck piece of cheese against chicken on one side, then lay a basil leaf or two on top.
- Roll the chicken up in the pepperoni. Poke skewer through starting at the lose end of pepperoni, and right through.
- Skewer as you roll them*, and lay out on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Then remove and drain from oil.
- Serve warm, with marinara if you like.
- Source: MomFoodie