The weeknight dinner of your dreams. I eat so much chicken, I feel like I am chickened out, sooooooo I was checking out some new recipes and ran into this Cheesy Mozzarella Chicken Dish and
oh WOW, now I’m beginning to like chicken again.
Recipe is Below
Cheesy Mozzarella Chicken | Delish
- 1 tbsp . extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp . Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 2 tbsp . balsamic vinegar
- 15 oz . crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp . Freshly Chopped Basil
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices mozzarella
- Freshly chopped parsley (, for garnish)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and half the Italian seasoning. Cook 8 minutes, then flip and season other side. Cook 8 minutes more. Transfer to a plate to let rest.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add balsamic vinegar to deglaze pan, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spoon. Add crushed tomatoes, basil, and crushed red pepper flakes and stir until combined and warmed through, 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and nestle in sauce. Top each breast with 1 slice mozzarella and cover with a lid until melted.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Courtesy of Delish