The secret to the best-ever garlic bread? Just spread slices of French bread with a butter mixture and add slices of cheese before baking. This cheesy garlic bread will take almost any meal over the top. Just serve it once in a while, as part of a balanced diet.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 French bread baguette ((18 inch))
- 1/3 cup butter (, softened)
- 3 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 1/4 tsp . dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp . dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp . black pepper
- 6 oz . ((3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) CRACKER BARREL Aged Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cut into 24 slices)
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Use serrated knife to make 24 diagonal cuts in top of baguette, being careful to not cut through to bottom of baguette.
- Place, cut sides up, on baking sheet.
- Mix butter, garlic, herbs and pepper until blended; spread onto cut sides of baguette.
- Fill with cheese.
- Spread top of baguette with any remaining butter mixture.
- Bake 7 to 8 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Source: Kraft