Cheesy Garlic Bread. The secret to the best-ever garlic bread?
Just spread slices of French bread with a butter mixture and add slices of cheese before baking.
This cheesy garlic bread will take almost any meal over the top. Just serve it once in a while, as part of a balanced diet.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 French bread baguette (18 inch)
- 1/3 cup butter , softened
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 tsp . dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp . dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp . black pepper
- 6 oz . (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg. CRACKER BARREL Aged Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cut into 24 slices)
Heat oven to 400ºF.
Use serrated knife to make 24 diagonal cuts in top of baguette, being careful to not cut through to bottom of baguette.
Place, cut sides up, on baking sheet.
Mix butter, garlic, herbs and pepper until blended; spread onto cut sides of baguette.
Fill with cheese.
Spread top of baguette with any remaining butter mixture.
Bake 7 to 8 min. or until cheese is melted.