Cheese Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls. Just when you thought you couldn’t eat mashed potatoes on the go!
These tasty mashed potato balls will make a great side dish for your next family get together, and will make you look like a pro. So let’s forget about the boring old mashed potatoes and serve these instead.
- 4 Cups Leftover/Cold Mashed Potatoes – prepared to your liking
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Green Onions
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Cooked Bacon
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- Block of Cheddar Cheese – Cut into small cubes
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Place cold mashed potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add Green Onion, Chopped Bacon, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, and 1 egg – mix well.
- With lightly floured hands – pick up a tablespoon sized ball of potato mixture and flatten into a small pancake. Place cube of Cheddar in the center and wrap the potato mixture around the cheese. Repeat.
- In three separate bowls, add Flour, Bread Crumbs, and remaining egg (whisked). Coat the potato ball in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Coat once more with egg and once more with bread crumbs. Set aside – store in fridge while you wait to fry.
- In a medium pan heat oil over medium/high heat (to approximately 350˚F). Fry the potatoes in batches until browned on all sides. Transfer fried potato balls to paper towels to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with salt. Once all potatoes are fried – transfer to a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 400˚F (200˚C). Enjoy!