The flavors of carbonara and chicken Alfredo come together in this stuffed shell dish that’s bound to become an instant classic!
Carbonara Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells.
- 1 box ((12 oz) jumbo pasta shells)
- Olive oil
- 1 jar ((15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce)
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ chicken stock ((from 32-oz carton), or water)
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups ricotta cheese ((12 oz))
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (, slightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic (, finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Dash salt and pepper
- 5 slices bacon (, cooked and crumbled)
- Heat oven to 375° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on box; spread on cookie sheet to cool. Drizzle with olive oil so shells don’t stick together.
- In medium bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce and stock.
- In large bowl, mix chicken, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, parsley, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and half of the cooked bacon. Fold mixture to combine well.
- Spoon just enough Alfredo sauce mixture in bottom of baking dish to cover bottom. When pasta is cool enough to handle, fill shells with chicken mixture. Place shells in slightly diagonal rows until baking dish is full (28 to 30 shells). Cover shells with remaining sauce.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and filling is hot. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Courtesy of BettyCrocker