These colorful treats may sound super sweet, but a few key ingredients keep them balanced: cream cheese for tanginess, pretzels for a salty kick and dried cherries (or cranberries) for a touch of tartness.
Candy Corn Fudge
- 8 oz . cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 c . confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp . pure vanilla extract
- 3 c . white chocolate chips ((about 18 oz))
- 2 c . mini pretzels or broken pretzel pieces
- 1 c . dried cherries
- 1 c . candy corn
- Line an 8- or 9-in. square pan with 2 sheets of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, about 2 minutes; beat in the vanilla.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave according to package directions.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in the pretzels and cherries. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and top with the candy corn. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Using the overhangs, transfer the fudge to a cutting board and cut into 1-in. pieces. Serve in mini cupcake liners, if desired.