Candy Cane Lush Dessert Recipe
Our favorite layered dessert heads to the North Pole with this peppermint-loaded Candy Cane Lush Dessert.
Starting with a Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie crust and finished with a peppermint sprinkle atop billowy whipped topping, this dessert is a must-make for the holiday season.
To quickly soften cream cheese, remove from wrapper, and place on microwavable plate; microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or just until softened.
To easily crush peppermint candy canes, place unwrapped candy canes in large food-storage plastic bag; seal, and use rolling pin to coarsely crush.
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch for Drop Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 container (12 oz) Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 9 peppermint candy canes (6-inch each), unwrapped, coarsely crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz each) Jell-O™ white chocolate-flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Make drop cookies as directed on pouch.
- Cool completely, at least 20 minutes.
- In food processor, process half of the cookies to coarse crumbs.
- Remove to large bowl.
- Process remaining cookies to coarse crumbs; add to bowl.
- Stir in 1/3 cup melted butter until well blended.
- In ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, press cookie crumb mixture firmly in bottom. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, scraping down side of bowl frequently.
- Beat in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed candies.
- Spread over cookie crust.
- In medium bowl, beat dry pudding mixes and milk with whisk about 2 minutes or until thick. Spread evenly over cream cheese layer.
- Drop remaining whipped topping by spoonfuls over pudding layer; spread evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup crushed candies on top.
- Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining pieces.