This easy hack results in a perfect roast chicken, and the veggies to go along with it!Print
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots (, chopped)
- 1 onion (, quartered)
- 1/2 lb . yukon gold potatoes (, quartered)
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme
- 1 large bunch fresh rosemary
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 3-4 lb chicken (, gizzards removed)
- 1 lemon (, sliced)
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° and cover the hole of the bundt pan with foil.
- In the bowl of a large bundt pan, combine garlic, carrots, onion, and potatoes.
- Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Scatter sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary on top of the vegetables.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Season the inside of the cavity generously with salt and pepper, then stuff it with the lemon halves, a few sprigs of thyme, and a few sprigs of rosemary.
- Rub the olive oil all over the skin of the chicken then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the middle of the bundt pan, breast side up.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and skin is golden, 45 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes. Let chicken rest for at least 15 minutes, before slicing.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and extra pan juices.