Thaw sweet frozen cherries, blend with rich vanilla ice cream, then layer on top of chocolate brownies for this irresistible frozen treat.
Brownie-Cherry-Ice Cream Dessert
- 1 box ((1 lb 3.8 oz) fudge brownie mix)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream (, slightly softened)
- 1 bag ((12 oz) frozen dark sweet cherries, halved)
- 1/3 cup chocolate-flavor syrup
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 13×9-inch pan with shortening. In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water, almond extract and eggs with spoon until well blended. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In another large bowl, mix ice cream and cherries. Place heaping spoonfuls of ice cream mixture over brownies; lightly press with back of spoon to smooth. Freeze at least 1 hour before serving.
- If too firm to cut, let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Drizzle individual servings with syrup. Garnish with a mint leaf and a maraschino cherry, if desired.