Who says you can’t have chocolate when you’re watching your sugar intake? Made with sugar-free chocolate-cake mix and instant pudding, this moist trifle will have your resident chocoholic licking her lips. Cool Whip trims the fat off traditional recipes and cherries add a boost of vitamin C and antioxidants, which are thought to reduce bad cholesterol.
Black Forest Trifle-Diabetic Friendly
- Sugar-free (, low-fat cake mix)
- sugar-free instant pudding mix
- fat-free milk
- frozen no-sugar-added pitted cherries
- red food coloring- optional
- frozen whipped topping
- sugar-free chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using 3/4 cup water. Let cake cool in pan; remove from pan, and cut into cubes.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups fat-free milk; chill at least 30 minutes.
- Thaw cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine cherries, juice, and food coloring.
- Place half of cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl. Spoon half of cherries over cake; spread 1 cup pudding over cherries, and top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired (chocolate curls not included in analysis). Cover and chill at least 8 hours.