Steak night always feels like a special occasion, and you can treat your family to one even when you’re eating healthy. Use this simple recipe that combines ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and honey to create an amazing sauce that gives lean flank steak a richer flavor and makes the meat more tender. Serve it in four ounce portions and pair it broccoli, or another vegetable you prefer.
Best Steak Marinade
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce ((optional))
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic ((optional))
- For the most flavorful steak, give the marinade at least an hour to absorb into the meat.
- Place the steak into a shallow dish and pour the sauce over the top.
- Put it in the fridge and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Then, flip the steak over and marinate 30 minutes more to make sure both sides are exposed to the sauce.
- If you don’t have a shallow dish handy, put the steak and marinade mixture into a plastic bag, close, and refrigerate.
- Let the the steak marinate for up to four hours.
- Before cooking, let the steak sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour.