Best Pot o’ Gold Jello Shots. At most bars and parties, St. Patrick’s Day means green beer.
While chugging hops a little green food coloring is fine and all, but 2019 is the year to break the tradition.
That leprechaun can keep his Lucky Charms — this is the really good stuff. Want a nonalcoholic version? Swap out the whiskey for another 1/2 c of cold water.
See Recipe and Instructions Plus Video Below
Best Pot o’ Gold Jello Shots
- 1 package lemon or pineapple jell-o
- 1 c . boiling water
- 1/2 c . cold water
- 1/2 c . cold Jameson whiskey
- 1 container Cool Whip ((8 oz))
- Gold sprinkles
- 16 rainbow candy belts (, each about 1” long)
- Bring 1 c water to a boil.
- Add Jell-o mix, stirring until dissolved.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in remaining water and whiskey.
- Pour into plastic shot glasses, filling each one 2/3 of the way up.
- Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Top with a dollop of Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- Add gold sprinkles and top with a 1-inch-long rainbow candy belt, forming it into a semi-circle, like a rainbow. Serve.
- Courtesy of Delish