I love that it is so easy to make, has a delicious rich flavor, and uses real ingredients. It’s better than any jarred sauce you can find at the store, and there is always plenty left over to freeze for another meal or two in the future. So Yummy for your Tummy
Best Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef or pork sausage
- 1 large onion (, chopped)
- 1 large green pepper (, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 3 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups water ((or beef broth))
- 1 Tbsp Wildtree Hearty Spaghetti Sauce
- In a dutch oven cook meat, onion, green pepper, and garlic till meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off fat
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, 1 Tbsp Wildtree Hearty Spaghetti Sauce, oregano, salt, basil, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Stir in the water or beef broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 ½ to 2 hours or till sauce is of desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.
Click Here to Purchase Wildtree Hearty Spaghetti Sauce