This Funfetti Cheesecake Birthday Cake Dessert is one awesome cake.
The crust is made with the cake mix you bake the cheesecake filling directly on top after it cools and the cheesecake is topped with vanilla frosting.Print
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 3 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. rainbow sprinkles, plus more for decorating
- 1/2 c. vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9” springform pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare Funfetti cake mix according to package instructions and pour about half of the batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Make cheesecake mixture: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add eggs and beat until combined, then stir in sour cream and vanilla and fold in sprinkles.
- Pour cream cheese batter onto cooled cake and bake until cheesecake is slightly jiggly in the center, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. (Cheesecakes tend to crack if you don’t use a water bath. If you don’t want to use one, bake as directed. If you do want to use a water bath, double wrap the outside of the pan in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish. Place on oven rack and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up the pan. Bake as directed.)
- If not using a water bath: Remove pan from oven and run a knife around the inside of the pan to release the cheesecake. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack, then refrigerate until totally chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Pipe vanilla frosting along border of the cheesecake then garnish with more sprinkles. Slice and serve cold.
- Category: Dessert