This Best Banana Cream Pie boasts a velvety, creamy, delicious custard that is loaded with bananas and only bananas.
The all-butter crust is light and flaky and a perfect match for this pie. Give yourself enough time to pre-bake crust and let it cool before adding filling. The filling also needs time to chill.
After numerous attempts, this recipe clearly emerged as our Best Banana Cream Pie winner.
If you want a Banana Cream Pie with a velvety custard, is loaded with bananas, and has a flaky crust, this is it.
This pie is all about the velvety, luscious cream custard and bananas. Pure, unadulterated banana yum.
BEST BANANA CREAM PIE RECIPE
- For the Crust:
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 TB granulated sugar
- ½ tsp table salt
- 8 TB cold butter (, cubed and chilled)
- 4-6 TB ice water
- For the Filling:
- ½ cup plus 2 TB graulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 rounded TB cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp table salt
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 TB unsalted butter (, cut in half)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe but still firm bananas
- For Topping:
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 TB confectioner's sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- CLICK ON LINK FOR INSTRUCTIONS