Beef Barley Soup
I call this a lazy-day soup. Make it on a rainy day at home when your most exciting task is laundry. It will make you feel all warm and nostalgic, I promise.
Or, if you want to eat this on a weekday, throw it in the crock pot and add the barley when you get home.
- 2 pounds stew meat (nicely marbled beef chunks)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 10 cups water
- 3 mounded tablespoons good quality beef base*
- 3 stalks celery (about 2 cups), chopped
- 2 onions , chopped
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 large potato , peeled and shredded, about 2 cups
- 3-4 large carrots , peeled and shredded, about 2 cups
- 1 cup barley , rinsed
Click on Link Below