These BBQ Grilled Baby Back Ribs are my daughters favorite meal on her Traeger. Invite your family and friends over to relax, chill by the pool, and drink some brewskis. While these ribs are smokin’ low and slow.
- 2 RACKS BABY BACK PORK RIBS
- 1/3 CUP YELLOW MUSTARD
- 1/2 CUP, DIVIDED APPLE JUICE
- 1 TBSP WORCESTSHIRE SAUCE
- 1/2 CUP DARK BROWN SUGAR
- 1 CUP TRAEGER BBQ SAUCE
- 1/3 CUP HONEY, WARMED
- TRAEGER PORK RUB
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, 1/4 cup of apple juice (reserve the rest), and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread thinly on both sides of the ribs; season with Traeger Pork Rub
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Smoke the ribs, meat-side up, for 3 hours. Transfer the ribs to a rimmed baking sheet but leave the grill on.
- Set the temperature to 225 F.
- Tear off four long sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Top with a rack of ribs; pull up the sides to keep the liquid enclosed.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar on the rack, then top with half the honey and half of the remaining apple juice. (Use a bit more apple juice if you want more tender ribs).
- Lay another piece of foil on top and tightly crimp the edges so there is no leakage.
- Repeat with the remaining rack of ribs.
- Return the foiled ribs to the grill and cook for an additional two hours.
- Carefully remove the foil from the ribs – watch out for hot steam – and brush the ribs on both sides with Traeger BBQ Sauce.
- Discard the foil. Arrange the ribs directly on the grill grate and continue to grill until the sauce “tightens”, 30 minutes to 1 hour more
- Let the ribs rest for a few minutes before serving.