The best summer cake around is the Banana Split Ice Cream Cake.
In its traditional form it is served in a long dish called a boat. A banana is cut in half lengthwise and laid in the dish.
There are many variations, but the classic banana split is made with three scoops of ice cream (one each of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.) served between the split banana.
There are all different ways now to make a banana split.Print
- 3 Bananas, sliced
- 20 NILLA Wafers
- 2 pints strawberry ice cream, softened
- 2 pints chocolate ice cream, softened
- 15 Oreo cookies
- chocolate syrup, for serving
- chopped walnuts, for serving
- Sprinkles, for serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Maraschino cherries, for serving
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray then line with plastic wrap.
- Start with the banana, laying the slices in the bottom of the loaf pan to create a full single layer. (This will be the top of your cake.) Dollop large scoops of softened strawberry ice cream on top and smooth with an offset spatula. (You will likely only need about 1 1/2 pints of each flavor). Create another layer of banana slices on top, then create a layer of Nilla wafers. Freeze for about 2 hours, or until the ice cream is firm again.
- When the ice cream is set, dollop large scoops of softened chocolate ice cream on top and smooth with an offset spatula. Add another layer of banana slices and finish with a layer of Oreos, to create a chocolate cookie crust. You may need to halve some Oreos to completely cover the bottom. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and freeze for another 2 hours, or until the ice cream hardens.
- When the ice cream is set, run a knife around the plastic wrap to loosen the cake, and invert the cake onto a serving platter. Remove the plastic wrap. Garnish with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, walnuts, sprinkles and maraschino cherries. Slice crosswise and enjoy!
- Source: Delish
See More Dessert Recipes Here: Dessert Recipes