Makes a yummy cheese sauce that can be used over pasta, veggies, and more.
Baked Mac & Cheese Bites
- ½ cup dry whole wheat elbows
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- ¼ cup Wildtree Kids Cheez Blend
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- 1 egg (, beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook elbows according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside. In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and Kids Cheez Blend
- Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar until melted.
- Combine with cooked pasta and stir in the beaten egg.
- Grease a 12 cup mini muffin tin.
- Divide the mac and cheese among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Garnish with Parmesan and chives if desired.
Ingredients: Cheddar Cheese Blend (cultured milk, salt, enzymes,
whey maltodextrin, reduced lactose whey, salt, nonfat dry milk,
citric acid, annatto extract), Buttermilk Powder (buttermilk powder,
whey), Lactic Acid
Click to Get Kids Cheez Blend (large 6.8 oz)