Everything bagel fans, rejoice! This amazing twist on classic crescent dogs has ingredients reminiscent of your favorite bagel, including a chive & onion cream cheese spread and everything bagel spice topping.
Not only is this Bagel Crescent Dogs Recipe one of the best hot dogs for summer parties, they are super easy and fun to make.
You can purchase prepared bagel spice mixture at some stores to substitute for the sesame seed, poppy seed and minced onions in the recipe (use 1/4 cup spice mixture).
If you don’t have cream cheese spread, you can use softened cream cheese.
- 1/2 cup chive & onion cream cheese spread (from 7.5-oz container)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 hot dogs
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cream cheese spread and garlic powder.
- In another bowl, mix sesame seed, poppy seed and dried onions; pour onto medium-size plate.
- Separate dough into rectangles; press perforations to seal.
- Cut each rectangle in half to make eight 3 1/2-inch squares of dough.
- Spread each dough square with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture, to within 1/4 inch of edges of dough.
- Place hot dog on each square of dough; roll up.
- Pinch edges to seal.
- Gently roll top half of hot dog in sesame seed mixture to coat evenly.
- Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Courtesy of Pillsbury
You may also like some of these other Summer Recipes.