Avocados are full of magnesium and potassium, they’re the nutrients that help reduce blood pressure.
Tomatoes are filled with lycopene and help thwart colon cancer.
Arugula and basil are antioxidants and helps with anti-aging and carry anti-cancer properties. And mozzarella…protein, calcium and just plain good.
A Bowl of Avocado Caprese Salad is a bowl of Health.
Avocado Caprese Salad
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 2-3 campari or cocktail style tomatoes (, sliced)
- ½ avocado (, pitted and sliced)
- 3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil ((I prefer the fruitiest, lightest flavored))
- 1½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- generous pinch of sugar or dollop of honey
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Assemble the arugula, tomato, avocado slices and mozzarella in a serving bowl.
- Top with torn or slivered basil leaves.
- Whisk the extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl with the balsamic vinegar, sugar or honey and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and pour over the salad.
- Toss to coat and serve.