- 1 pound of turkey breast (ground)
- ½ cup of white onion (finely chopped)
- ½ bell pepper (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of heated plum sauce
- 2 scallions (finely sliced)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Place the turkey, onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, knead all the ingredients until well blended.
- If the mixture doesn’t hold together, add a bit more bread crumbs.
- Make 18 meatballs approximately the same size.
- Heat the olive oil to a medium temperature in a large skillet.
- I like to use my cast iron skillet (ad) but any will do.
- Add the meatballs and stir to brown on all sides.
- Cover and allow them to simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the meatballs on a platter and top with the plum sauce, scallions and sesame seeds.
- Serve at once with noodles or brown rice.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American